The truth is...

For those of us who can't get it all together, or if we have, have forgotten where we put it

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tricia V
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The truth is...

Post by Tricia V » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:54 am

What is the truth about my clutter and housekeeping problem? On the one one hand is the thought that if I don't do it, I don't care. On the other is a diatribe on American materialism and shallowness. Both are harsh sorts of extremes, compulsive messages. Is it my husband's problem that he feels the house should be cleaner than I feel like keeping it, and I'm just "codepending" on that problem? What is the truth? Where is the rulebook I have been following and what does it say in it?

PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by PhilH » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:46 am

I think the best rule book for me is my own experience. When I am surrounded with clutter, I get confused and stalled out, when it's really bad, I feel paralyzed and fearful. That tells me that it's not a good condition for me to be in. When things are cleaned up and orderly, I feel great inside. I feel like it's a treat for me, not for anyone else.

I just wish I could let/make myself take the time to do the cleaning up and organizing! :(

Mum

My truth about my clutter

Post by Mum » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:21 am

My truth about my clutter and house keeping etc. is that much of it is a reflection of what is inside.

The Lord has given me to go through boxes and get rid of and organize and such - but only to do what it is he asks of me at that time.

For instance, He wants me to work on my bedroom. I walked into my room and said, "Lord, I can't do this, it is too much, it is overwhelming. Ijust can't do this." "Good." he says, "Then we are ready to begin." "What?" I said. "See this little stack of boxes. We will do them together. There are some things in here that have the potential to trigger you. Let me take care of those things. Just be my hands and I will guide you through it." In my moment of weakness, I believed Him. We worked on those boxes (about 6) and it felt really good to do what I was doing so I grabbed a box that He had not asked me to go through. I figured while I was on a roll I better get as much done as I could. I was less than half way through it when I realized the heat of the day was bearing down on me when I hadn't felt it at all when I was doing as the Lord asked me to do. My legs started aching and I started getting confused and frustrated. "Okay, Lord. What is happening? We have been working for a while and now I can't seem to do it anymore. Why can't we just keep going." "Child. I did not ask you to do that box. Your mortal body can only do so much. It is not required that you run faster than you have strength. If you do more you will become so overwhelmed again that we won't be able to come back to do more for a very long time. It is time to quit and to take care of your mortal body." I didn't like this but said okay and iced my knee.

It amazes me how the Lord knows what we need to do at the moment. I thought that I would be spending a lot of time doing my room but by listening to His councel I have been led to do other things. I guess he sees things in his time not in mine - we have all the time in the world to work on the clutter in my room. Other things need to take presidence right now. I was very surprised the day that watching a movie and playing a game with my sons took top priority. What's with that? That day the Lord let me know that my boys needed there mom. It wasn't until a few days later that I found out why they needed there mom. The Lord is so gentle and kind.

Heavenly Father knows each one of us better than we know ourselves. When I work on the clutter, junk, boxes, cleaning, co-dependency, or whatever else I think I am working on - it is better when I am not doing it but when I let Him do it for me. When I let it all go and let God take it, I am not triggered like I am when I think I have to do it all.

I still fight against the peace because I am not accustomed to having peace. It is uncomfortable. I hope and pray that I will become more and more peaceful and more and more willing. I like living with the Lord.

I didn't think it was possible to let Him do it for me. I need to be willing in all things and He will show me the way. He does it for me so much of the time. I stand all amazed at the love and miracles in my life each and every day.

Mum