inner clutter

For those of us who can't get it all together, or if we have, have forgotten where we put it

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

inner clutter

Post by CB » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:14 pm

As I read the title of this topic, I was enthused. Of course I need support in being less cluttered. I have six months to find a new home because of my clutter problems, but I think the problem is deeper than any outside clutter. I believe it begins in my heart and mind. My heart is cluttered with confusion over various relationships and if the give and take is balanced. My mind is cluttered with lists of things to do, (not written down)problems I need to solve, and information I need to learn.

As i begin to work on this clutter one thing is obvious. I am powerless over it all. To top it off, I have people in my life who are insinuating that I also have to be accountable for my "sub" conscious thoughts. It is all too overwhelming for me. I am powerless.

Yes! I am powerless. I'm so thankful to understand what a gift that is. Since I can acknowledge this, I can also remember the Lord and His power to put my life in order. I know what He wants me to do, and when and where. If I will obey, I have no need to doubt or fear because even as Pres. Benson has promised. Everything else will either drop out of my life or fall into place.

What He wants me to do is come unto Him in every thought, word and deed, first. I was reading Sherri Dew's new book and she stated that it is always easier to obey than to disobey. I know this is true because I have experienced the pain and confusion of disobedience. I have also experienced the joy of obedience. That's all for now. thanks.

Tricia V
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tricia V » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:47 am

(((CB)))
The eight ball of my move is rolling down the bumper toward me. I cannot avoid thinking about it any longer. All my good intentions of consistent effort have vanished like so much smoke.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:34 am

I discovered this concept some time ago. I am a reluctant housekeeper at best. But when I am living in abstinence and working my program, my house stays relatively clean. When I am experiencing the inner clutter and turmoil, the house is a mess.

Sometimes I don't always recognize that inner stuff is happening, but if I pay attention to my outer world, the cleanliness and organization of my home, car, office, etc. that is an early indicator that something is going on with me that I need to pay attention to.

Here's another thing I've noticed. When I do a 4 & 5 step, in whatever area of my life, I suddenly get this huge upsurge of energy and desire to do a "Spring Cleaning" of my house. Interesting, huh?

Karlene

Kerry

Post by Kerry » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:02 am

Karlene,

Thanks for this insight - I'm going to become more aware of my outer world clutter and use it to look within.