What a thrill to see this topic...

For those of us who can't get it all together, or if we have, have forgotten where we put it

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kathleen M.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What a thrill to see this topic...

Post by Kathleen M. » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:23 am

:D Both inner and outer clutter here. Need help with both.

susanie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by susanie » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:37 pm

Hello new friends,

I can completely relate. I have been a clutter addict all of my life. I started reading He Did Deliver Me From Bondage because I discovered that I am a bit co-dependent on my 2 year old - scary huh? So as I have begun to admit this and my powerlessness over it, change has come slowly, through much prayer, "cry(ing) mightily to God" and "pour(ing) out my heart to him" (Mosiah 24:10,12). What does this have to do with clutter? A wonderful side effect is occuring in my life. As I have prayerfully sought each day (sometimes several times an hour) what the Lord would have me do, I have found myself beginning to let go of my need to cling to every little scrap of paper, letter, etc. as if my life depended on it. There is hope! My husband was amazed the other day when he saw me throwing away some empty margarine containers. Only Jesus could help me do that. I have been hanging on to anything and everything because "what if we need it some day"? So keep the faith and all things will work together for our good (D&C 122:7)! :D

CelesteL

thanks

Post by CelesteL » Fri May 05, 2006 4:30 pm

to Susanie,
I don't feel so alone with my obsessive saving of boxes and such. My husband puts up with it, but I know he's not happy with it.