Monday August 3, 2009

For posting sharing from the Online Meetings or questions about the online meeting program.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mary S
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Monday August 3, 2009

Post by Mary S » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:16 am

Reading:

BLESSED ARE ALL THE PEACEMAKERS
(3 Nephi 12:9)
Step Nine: Made restitution directly to those we had harmed, confessing our own wrongdoing in each instance except
when to do so would further injure them or others.
(Mosiah 27:35; 3 Nephi 12:25; Mosiah 26:30)
Principle Nine: The establishment of Zion begins with a
mighty change in my own heart and then extends
to others as I act to amend all past wrongs.

Living the principles we have covered so far in this course will have the effect of establishing Zion within each participant’s heart. In fact, that establishment began back in the first three principles through which we dethroned ourselves and any other earthly idols, and enthroned in our hearts the Lord God of Israel, even Jesus the Christ.
Then we moved on through the next five principles, each requiring some change either in heart or in action, or both, which cleansed this newly consecrated kingdom within us. During this process, quietly and automatically, Zion has been established within each willing heart. There is an ever-growing desire to be of one heart and one mind within oneself—and to have that one heart and one mind be one with God. While the “multitude” of “voices” that a person has always been subject to hearing within are allowed to remain, the individual actually heeds only those that profess love of God and oneness with His mind and will.
In the last principle, we discussed willingness, especially willingness to let go of pride and fear and to approach all those whom we have wronged or who have wronged us with the offer of forgiveness and healing. In the principle we are considering in this discussion, we will have the opportunity to act upon that willingness. We will have the opportunity to participate in “healing the nations” and spreading Zion beyond the confines of our own heart. More about that in a minute. First let’s recheck the condition of Zion within ourselves.

Leader Share:

7:51 AM [Mary S] My mind is kind of stuck right now.
7:52 AM [Mary S] I have to say that this feeling of Zion ebbs and flows in my life.
7:52 AM [Mary S] I have been at this recovery business in HtH for several years now, and I am LIVING in a state of remission that most of the time is quite amazing to me - but I don't live in a state of endless bliss.
7:53 AM [Mary S] There are still struggles, and mountains that I'm not so sure I can climb - and the truth is - that *I* can't climb them - I DEFINITELY NEED my Saviour!
7:54 AM [Mary S] Sometimes I have days that are so close to what I would perceive as heaven, and other days are very close to what I would call hell.
7:55 AM [Mary S] So, what's the point in all this recovery stuff then?
7:55 AM [Mary S] Yesterday was a very challenging day!
7:55 AM [Mary S] I think the difference is that, for the most part, I am sober.
7:56 AM [Mary S] And finding myself sober, I don't have the means to numb myself out anymore, so I FEEL things that I haven't felt for years, or may never have felt at all.
7:56 AM [Mary S] That's part of the deal for me.
7:57 AM [Mary S] The greatest difference then, is that I know that NO MATTER WHAT I may be feeling, I can STILL go to Christ and talk about it.
7:57 AM [Mary S] I haven't always known this.
7:58 AM [Mary S] I have always tried to dress things up in a civilized way when I came to Christ - I can't seem to do that anymore, and HE seems to be alright with that.
7:56 AM [Mary S] That's part of the deal for me.
7:57 AM [Mary S] The greatest difference then, is that I know that NO MATTER WHAT I may be feeling, I can STILL go to Christ and talk about it.
7:59 AM [Mary S] Sometimes I feel like life will be wonderful. and sometimes I wonder how I will survive the next minute.
8:00 AM [Mary S] In my soul, I feel Christ is with me in this. He doesn't walk away from me when I haven't got it all right.
8:00 AM [Mary S] I had an experience several years ago when I felt the Spirit show me that I was seethingly mad at God.
8:01 AM [Mary S] It was such a shock to my system, it almost knocked me over.
8:01 AM [Mary S] Just the thought of being that mad at God, was almost more than my soul cold take,
8:02 AM [Mary S] But I was!
8:02 AM [Mary S] I didn't know what to do with myself - not an unfamiliar state for me!
8:03 AM [Mary S] I had such a witness that God was sitting with me, and that He would continue to sit with me until we had worked this through.
8:03 AM [Mary S] And He has.
8:03 AM [Mary S] I still haven't worked it all through, but it's coming, and God/ Jesus hasn't gone anywhere.
8:04 AM [Mary S] He is much greater than my anger. Much greater than my sin. Much greater than my stubborn white knuckled grip on the lies I have believed.
8:04 AM [Mary S] He is GOD!
8:04 AM [Mary S] He is Good!

Colleen Barton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Colleen Barton » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

Establishing Zion in my heart and finding withing myself no opposing voices would truly be Peace on Earth. I've had moments of this. I've been working through the steps for the umpteenth time and I'm on step eight. I hadn't recognized this part of the mighty change of heart, but as I think of it, it is true. The voice that has been so strong with sarcasm and doubt and fear is beginning to be converted to Christ and is learning to be still and believe that life is full of the love of God when we let it be.
I feel grateful to know that my Savior is always with me even in my darkest moments...that He waits it out with me and listens when I'm finally ready to talk. I had a wonderful gift last night as I was tempted to watch an R rated movie. I sat and looked at the case and had this conversation with the Lord. I told him I knew I shouldn't watch it, but that I really wanted to. I didn't know why, but the more I explored the kind of morals and values the movie would portray, the less I wanted to watch it. I guess the Lord showed me that my disposition towards such things is changing. At any rate it was a gift and I didn't watch those images.
I am hopeful for more of these experiences and hope for a day that I can have one heart and one mind in me and have that be at one with God. Thanks for letting me share. CB

ScottPart2

Where is the source?

Post by ScottPart2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Mary,

Which book is this reading from?

Thanks,

Scott