meeting today at 9 am

For posting sharing from the Online Meetings or questions about the online meeting program.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
judy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

meeting today at 9 am

Post by judy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 am

HERE IS OUR LITERATURE STUDY FOR TODAY
4/3/2014 9:15 am (mt) judy: B>A SONG OF REDEEMING LOVE
4/3/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: With an even greater hunger, I plunged into the Book of Mormon. This was not the hunger of a starving person looking for sustenance. This was the hunger of a person who had partaken of the fruit that is sweet above anything I had
4/3/2014 9:17 am (mt) judy: I had ever tasted. I had lived (not just read or heard about) the pure love of Christ for me—His charity for me. I wanted more. I could not be restrained from seeking more in the precious words of the Book of Mormon. And there, like voices rising from the dust just as the prophets foresaw, was testimony after testimony of the new life and love I had entered into.

And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins. (2 Nephi 25:26)
4/3/2014 9:21 am (mt) judy: And never, until I did cry out unto the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy, did I receive a remission of my sins. But behold, I did cry unto him and I did find peace to my soul. (Alma 38:8, emphasis added
4/3/2014 9:22 am (mt) judy: And now, I would commend you to seek this same Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen. (Ether 12:41)
4/3/2014 9:23 am (mt) judy: Yea, come unto Christ;…then is his grace sufficient for you. (Moroni 10:32)

Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. (Alma 26:16, emphasis added)

4/3/2014 9:25 am (mt) judy: By the time I read and truly heard the harmony in all these statements, I could not say the smallest part of how I felt either. As I kept reading, something began to stir in my inner soul—a feeling whose name I had nearly forgotten. It was hope. I was beginning to have hope for myself again, but not hope based on my own wavering and feeble efforts. Having hope in even my very best efforts had never supplied me with enough power to overcome my weaknesses. In fact, focusing on my efforts had always led to an experience similar to the people in Helaman: And because of…their boastings in their own strength, they were left in their own strength; therefore they did not prosper. (Helaman 4:13)

No. This hope I now possessed was not about me or any other power. It was a hope borne of His friendship, His mercy and His grace! It was a perfect brightness of hope in Christ! (2 Nephi 31:20). My emotions were almost more than I could keep calm or quiet about. I felt consume
4/3/2014 9:26 am (mt) judy: No. This hope I now possessed was not about me or any other power. It was a hope borne of His friendship, His mercy and His grace! It was a perfect brightness of hope in Christ! (2 Nephi 31:20). My emotions were almost more than I could keep calm or quiet about. I felt consumed with love for Jesus, as intense and total as I finally knew He had always felt for me!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable