April 10 2014 meeting at 9 am(continuation of step 2)

For posting sharing from the Online Meetings or questions about the online meeting program.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
judy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

April 10 2014 meeting at 9 am(continuation of step 2)

Post by judy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:09 am

4/10/2014 9:48 am (mt) Judy: MUST BE AN INDIVIDUAL ATONEMENT
4/10/2014 9:49 am (mt) Judy: But as always in this mortal world, fears were waiting to tempt me. Maybe I was loving Him too much. After all, I noticed as my joy in Him increased, some “active” members of my ward seemed to be somewhat “put off” or bothered by the new me. I had a hard time sitting on my hands in church classes. It just seemed as if thoughts were always coming to me—excited thoughts, enlightened thoughts, joyful thoughts about Him and His gospel. I didn’t have as much inclination to talk of negative things; complaining and gossiping fell away and eventually, so did some long-standing and “exemplary” friends. I had to learn some quick lessons about what it meant to care more for the love of God than the love of my fellow mortals.
4/10/2014 9:50 am (mt) Judy: As I turned to Heavenly Father in prayer, I felt His counsel to me through His Son. I began to understand that Christ doesn’t atone for all of us at once, en mass. He atones for us one person at a time; He cleanses us one heart at a time, and He loves us one at a time as choice and unique individuals. I had to realize that while I had awakened unto God’s love and tender mercy, and my soul had been illuminated by the truth about Christ’s tenderness and nearness, others were still struggling with fear and doubt concerning Him. Even so, I still have a continuous struggle to not break into a rousing and unique version of Handel’s “Messiah” or song of redeeming love. It’s always there, humming in my heart:
4/10/2014 9:51 am (mt) Judy: child is born, unto <me> a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (2 Nephi 19:6; emphasis added)
4/10/2014 9:52 am (mt) Judy: For unto <me> a child is born, unto <me> a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (2 Nephi 19:6; emphasis
4/10/2014 9:53 am (mt) Judy: END OF READING
4/10/2014 9:53 am (mt) Judy: THAT CONCLUDES OUR READING FOR TODAY. I will share, then we will open the meeting for general sharing.
4/10/2014 9:54 am (mt) Judy: Wow another good reading and so powerful
4/10/2014 9:54 am (mt) Judy: I love the part in the reading where it says unto me a son is given
4/10/2014 9:55 am (mt) Judy: wow to put it in that perspective that he was born and lived for me
4/10/2014 9:55 am (mt) Judy: is a humbling thought
4/10/2014 9:55 am (mt) Judy: I need to remember that he is here for me as well as for us
4/10/2014 9:55 am (mt) Judy: he died for me and that is awesome to think about
4/10/2014 9:55 am (mt) Judy: ty for allowing me to be here with you and sharing
4/10/2014 9:56 am (mt) Judy: that's all

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable