MEETING SEPT 12 2014 9 AM

For posting sharing from the Online Meetings or questions about the online meeting program.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
judy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MEETING SEPT 12 2014 9 AM

Post by judy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:39 am

Print Ar(mt).(mt).
(
8/12/2014 9:14 am (mt) judy: logs in on 8/12/2014 9:14 am (mt).
8/12/2014 9:15 am (mt) judy: sorry I am late but here I am and so glad to be here with the Lord and all of u today.
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: Welcome everyone. We’re about to officially start the meeting.
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: A few reminders before we begin: : PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES. THEY’RE VERY IMPORTANT. When you want to share (at appropriate times) please state “I’d like to share” or words to that effect. When entering longer posts, enter every sentence or two to keep the flow going. When you’re finished, please say “that’s all” or end with three dots (,,,) so we know you’re done.
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: WELCOME to the “90 in 90" HtH online meeting. Another name for this effort could be the “Daily Devotional” meeting. The idea of trying to attend as many of 90 meetings in 90 days as possible came originally from AA. It was sort of an intensive-care effort designed as a resource for those who needed it to “jump start” their program or just anytime they wanted a daily dose of recovery fellowship. On Saturday mornings, we will not hold this meeting, since a regular Saturday meeting begins at 8:00 a.m. Mountain Time.
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: Would someone like to volunteer to offer the prayer? We just type it in like we would speak it aloud, as if we were saying it in person.
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: i will pray
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: Father we are so grateful to be here with Thee today
8/12/2014 9:16 am (mt) judy: and for the blessings we recive from Thee
8/12/2014 9:17 am (mt) judy: and for the blessing of this room to meet with thee and fellow and sisters that are suffering
8/12/2014 9:17 am (mt) judy: from addiction and weaknesses
8/12/2014 9:18 am (mt) judy: we ask a blessing on those that can not be here today
8/12/2014 9:18 am (mt) judy: that they will be back with us soon and find relief from these addictiions that are weighing them down
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: we say this prayer in Jesus Name
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: Amen
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: We’ll do introductions now. If this is your first meeting, you’re welcome to just state your first name and “I’m new,” or “This is my first meeting.” You may even just say, “I pass.” If when you state your first name you would also be willing to identify the challenge, addiction or compulsion that brought you to HtH, the length of time you’ve attended Heart t’ Heart or other Twelve Step groups, your length of abstinence and where you live, you are welcome to do so.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: Also please keep in mind that this is a general focus meeting and we keep our sharing focused on recovery principles so as not to trigger or embarrass anyone. Extensive inventory type stories are not appropriate in meetings, but should be shared one-on-one with an experienced sponsor.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: Please post your intro whenever you are ready. We can sort it out. Please remember to end your last line of introduction with three periods . . . so we’ll know you’re finished. Please post your intros now.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: Welcome, everyone. Heart t’ Heart is a twelve step support group patterned after the anonymous meetings which originated with Alcoholics Anonymous in the 1930’s. It is dedicated to helping Latter-day Saint people overcome the bondage of compulsive/addictive behaviors through a practical proven application of the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ as they correlate with the Twelve Steps of AA. While Heart t’ Heart is not affiliated directly with the Church, we are a Latter-day Saint community resource that sustains and supports all of the Church’s doctrines and teachings.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The Heart t’ Heart Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions were adapted with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous from AA’s original steps and traditions.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: In this meeting we will post the Steps only. We will forego posting the traditions in our one hour format for the sake of time, but please refer to the HtH website to read through them. They are very important in helping us conduct our fellowship in groups. The version of the steps that we use most often includes actual phrases from the Book of Mormon that paraphrase the concepts in the original steps.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The first three steps are often called the surrender steps. 1. Admitted that we of ourselves are powerless, nothing without God. (Mosiah 4:5; Alma 26:12) 2. Came to believe that God has all power and all wisdom and that in His strength we can do all things. (Mosiah 4:9; Alma 26:12) 3. Made the decision to reconcile ourselves to the will of God, offer our whole souls as an offering unto Him, and trust Him in all things forever. (2 Nephi 10:24; Omni 1:26; Mosiah 3:19; 2 Nephi 4:34)
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The next two steps are the inventory steps: 4. Made a searching and fearless written inventory of our past in order to thoroughly examine ourselves as to our pride and other weaknesses with the intent of recognizing our own carnal state and our need for Christ's Atonement. (Alma 15:17; Mosiah 4:2; Jacob 4:6-7; Ether 12:27) 5. Honestly shared this inventory with God and with another person, thus demonstrating the sincerity of our repentance, and our willingness to give away all our sins that we might know Him. (Mosiah 26:29; Alma 22:18 )
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The next two steps are the ones that address a mighty change of HEART, not just habit (outward behavior). 6. Became humble enough to yield our hearts and our lives to Christ for His sanctification and purification, relying wholly upon His merits, acknowledging even our own best efforts as unprofitable. (Helaman 3:35; 2 Nephi 31:19; Mosiah 2:20-21) 7. Humbly cried unto the Lord Jesus Christ in our hearts for a remission of sins that through His mercy and His grace we might experience a mighty change of heart, lose all disposition to do evil, and thus be encircled about in the arms of safety because of His great and last sacrifice. (Alma 6:18; Alma 38:8; Moroni 10:32; Mosiah 5:2; Alma 34:15-16)
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The next two steps are the amends steps: 8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make restitution to all of them (even those we had harmed in what we might have considered righteous anger), desiring instead to be peacemakers and to do all that we could to come unto God by being first reconciled to others. (3 Nephi 12:9; 3 Nephi 12:24; 3 Nephi 12:44-45) 9. Made restitution directly to those we had harmed, confessing our own wrongdoing in each instance, except when to do so would further injure them or others. (Mosiah 27:35; 3 Nephi 12:25; Mosiah 26:30)
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: The last three steps are referred to as the maintenance steps: 10. Realizing that the weakness to be tempted and to sin is a part of the mortal experience, we continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it, being willing to repent as often as needed. (2 Nephi 4:18; 2 Nephi 10:20; Mosiah 26:30) 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, seeking the words of Christ through the power of the Holy Ghost that they might tell us all things that we should do, praying only for a knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. (2 Nephi 32:3; Alma 37:37; Helaman 10:4) 12. Having experienced a mighty change and having awakened unto God as a result of our sincere repentance demonstrated in taking these steps, we were willing to become instruments in carrying this message to others and to practice these principles in all we do. (Alma 5:7; Mosiah 27:36-37; Moroni 7:3)
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: There is one of our Twelve Traditions that we need to mention at every meeting. In the 7th Tradition it says that we are fully self-supporting by contributions from members only. In accordance with our Seventh Tradition, anyone who wishes to donate to Heart t' Heart in order to help offset the cost of printed materials and other expenses may do so.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: If you are a newcomer, we encourage you to use your money to purchase literature. Heart t' Heart is run totally on member donations. This includes the cost of our website and online services. Please prayerfully consider sending a tax-deductible donation to Heart t’ Heart General Service Office at the following address: Heart t’ Heart Contributions – 975 Orchard Drive, River Heights, UT 84321. When you donate, please indicate your donation is from the online meetings. Or, go to http://heart-t-heart2.org/donate/ to make a donation online.
8/12/2014 9:19 am (mt) judy: Cross Talk/Side Talk" is discouraged in Heart t' Heart meetings. This means we neither interrupt nor engage in dialogue with another speaker. Twelve step meetings are not designed to be encounter groups or advice giving sessions of any sort. Commenting or giving advice discourages the individual's own ability to hear the Truth as spoken to their hearts directly by the spirit. (2 Nephi 32:3) It is now time for our literature study. During the reading, please pick out a line or two from the reading that jumps out at you and reflect on those thoughts--either silently or "aloud" in your sharing. You may wish to have a word processor window open to capture those thoughts.
8/12/2014 9:20 am (mt) judy: I am Judy from Provo Utah and have been in these rooms and other addictions rooms for quite some time
8/12/2014 9:20 am (mt) judy: Our study will be from the HDDMFB book at step 4
8/12/2014 9:24 am (mt) judy: b>TRADITIONS OF OUR FATHERS MUST BE EXAMINED ALSO
8/12/2014 9:25 am (mt) judy: In the course of this process of doing an inventory of one’s past, it will often be revealed to us that the roots of many of our currently destructive behaviors lie in the “traditions of our fathers”—in other words, in the modeling of our parents. We don’t need to be alarmed by this. In fact, it is just as potentially healthy to come unto God, and with his guidance look honestly at the weaknesses of a family, as it is to look at our individual weaknesses. There’s a saying that we are only as sick as we are secret. This is just as true of families as of individuals. Families are entities too, each one a “body” with members. It is important that we look squarely and honestly at our family’s ways as well as our own. It is not bad or wrong to admit the whole truth. When we begin to relax our resentment or disappointment toward our family, and realize that they, like us, are only mortals, healing begins. We are truly all in this together
8/12/2014 9:27 am (mt) judy: hr>I have found from my study of the Book of Mormon that God understands the phenomenon of children growing up and being influenced by incorrect traditions of past generations, and that He takes a pretty merciful view of those so influenced: Nevertheless, I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for them in the day of judgment than for you… For it is because of the traditions of their fathers that caused them to remain in their state of ignorance… (Alma 9:15,16)
8/12/2014 9:27 am (mt) judy: THAT CONCLUDES OUR READING FOR TODAY I will share, then we will open the meeting for general sharing.
8/12/2014 9:28 am (mt) judy: It has been awhile since i have done a step 4 and maybe it is time to think about doing one
8/12/2014 9:28 am (mt) judy: I need to start thinking about it but also work on the first 3 steps in the book
8/12/2014 9:28 am (mt) judy: I pray as i think on step 4 I will feel led as to what i need to do with it
8/12/2014 9:29 am (mt) judy: ty for letting me share
8/12/2014 9:29 am (mt) judy: the room is now open for sharing
8/12/2014 9:29 am (mt) judy: feel free if you come to this meeting during the day to share I will be posting it in the forum later
8/12/2014 9:29 am (mt) judy: and will keep it up here for awhile
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: thats all
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: ...
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: The meeting is now open for sharing. Please let us know if you would like to share. You can post your sharing every couple of sentences, or prepare it in advance in larger sections for easier posting. Please remember to add . . . or “that’s all” to the last post so we will know you are finished. Sharing should be about your own personal thoughts and not involve cross-talk or comments made directly about another member’s sharing. Please remember also that in Heart t’ Heart we emphasize the solution rather than the problem and principles over personalities. Who would like to begin?
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: Thank you for letting me be your leader for this meeting. Please let me remind all of us of two important points: First, the principle of anonymity as captured in this thought: “Who you see here, what you hear here, when you leave here let it stay here.” As part of respecting others’ anonymity, please do not share transcripts of this meeting with others. Second, the opinions expressed here are those of the individual who expressed them and don’t necessarily represent the principles of Heart t’ Heart as a whole.
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: It is time to close our meeting. Could we please have a volunteer to “say” our closing prayer, today?
8/12/2014 9:30 am (mt) judy: We’ll leave the “room” open for a while so people can chat. Please remember to start your post with the person’s name you’re addressing. That way, we can have several conversations going at once. Please remember, also, not to exchange personal email addresses while in this chat room. Please note also that the way we exchange e-mail addresses now is to get on the "We Care" list, either for men or for women. Send your e-mail address to help@heart-t-heart.org and your name will be put on the list and it will be sent to you. We hope you will be patient with this approach. We, in HtH, do not encourage people to “meet” others one-on-one in open Internet environments. We also do not provide email addresses between genders. Thank you for being here, everyone…
8/12/2014 9:31 am (mt) judy: I will pray and also learn not to let my fingers do the walking so much in here
8/12/2014 9:31 am (mt) judy: Father we are grateful to have met with thee again today in this meeting
8/12/2014 9:32 am (mt) judy: we ask a blessing on those that could not be here today for one reason or another
8/12/2014 9:32 am (mt) judy: bless that those that need a meeting will find us and meet with us soon
8/12/2014 9:32 am (mt) judy: in Jesus Name
8/12/2014 9:32 am (mt) judy: Amen

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable