My Sharing - Sat. 7/11/15

For posting sharing from the Online Meetings or questions about the online meeting program.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Sharing - Sat. 7/11/15

Post by Colleen H. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 am

Hi, Colleen here, in Cache Valley, N. Utah. I am a beloved daughter of God here on earth to learn by my own experience what works to bring peace and sanity (closeness to God) and what does not.

I deal with addictive and compulsive eating as my most deeply entrenched form of idolatry--where I am always tempted to go under any kind of stress.

The greatest stress I deal with is fear of other people's negative feelings of any kind toward me. In other words, I am codependent (co-mortal, you might call it) -- mortal myself and foolishly dependent on other mortals' opinion of me.

Ever so gradually and gently and patiently, the Lord has been helping me recover the degree of reliance and communion with Him--trust of Him--that I had before I was mortal.

It has been a long process and I have ebbed several major times. After my oldest daughter's death in 1989, after finding out that my husband had been secretly molesting our children for years while I was so busy being the super-dedicated LDS woman, when I found myself divorced and destitute financially, as I watched so many of my children transfer their anger towards their parents unto the Church and reject the whole way of life, . . . yep, there have been a lot of seasons of being pulled back under the sea of sorrow that Satan, the Liar, tries to drown us in, in this life.

Put, always, through all those times, the years of intense study of the Book of Mormon and the 12 Steps in harmony with each other proved to be a life-line that never broke, and the Christ-centered awakening they kept alive in me has pulled me back to the surface, back to the Light and the Truth and the Way over and over, every time.

And that Light, Truth, and Way is conscious contact with Him and the living experience of His words in John 14:18: I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you.

As I come unto Christ and converse with Him, as Joseph Smith described, as one person with another--as my dearest Friend, my beloved confidant, Savior, Counsel and God--the single greatest Gift my Heavenly Father ever gave me--and draw upon the power of the Holy Spirit to quicken my mind and heart to counsel with Him--with Jesus Christ--in all my doings--those are the hours, the days, when I experience such serenity, hope, peace, and sanity--that fearing others and/or retreating into unhealthy eating never even occurs to me.

I was busy doing other things, this morning, and the Lord called me here, reminding me of the gift that HtH has been over the years to me. I'm grateful to have had this chance to share my experience, strength and hope--my LIVED testimony of the goodness of God -- both Father and Son, as one. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable