Chapter 2: The Enemy Has Infiltrated Our Ranks

For discussion of From Heartache to Healing: Finding Power in Christ to Deal with A Loved One's Sexual Addiction.

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jody
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chapter 2: The Enemy Has Infiltrated Our Ranks

Post by Jody » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am

Page 11, From Heartache To Healing
Satan not only desires your husband’s downfall. He desires the downfall of you, your children, and your children’s children, as well. With this understanding, it can provide some comfort to know that the prophets of God have foreseen the battle in which we find ourselves immersed. It is further testimony that we do have a Father in Heaven who is aware of our burden. We can be sure He has prepared a way for us to rise triumphant from even a blow as devastating as addiction.
The Spirit confirmed to me with such an overwhelming feeling that this paragraph was true. I knew with every essence of my being that Satan wants to destroy my entire family.

Now what. My husband is struggling with his addiction. Our oldest son struggles with mast~rbtion. Our oldest daughter would rather hangout with her school friends because she doesn’t feel accepted by our “judgmental ward.” Our youngest daughter is afraid of her shadow and our youngest son just seems lost. A common theme I have seen is that if it is hard they just want to quit.

Well, awareness is good. I know this is going on. Two years ago I had no idea. They always say knowledge is power. How can you fight something or someone if you are ignorant.

I take comfort in knowing that Heavenly Father knew I would face this battle. I know He wants us all to return to Him, so I truly believe that there has to be a way to fight.

I’ve always been a fighter. So, how do I fight? How does my family fight?

First and foremost is the gospel. Being strong in the gospel is key. Putting the Lord first everyday. Making sure that I myself am right with the Lord at the beginning and ending of everyday is essential.

Next, communication. If a family isn’t able to talk to each other - how can we talk and help each other.

Probably next is unconditional love. As a family we will let each other down. It is my prayer that we will continue to love each other and not give up on each other.

I think giving up is exactly what Satan wants us to do - he wants to feel unworthy of our Heavenly Father’s, Savior’s and family’s love.

Isolation is his greatest tool. When we walk away from what we know to be true, Satan can keep us from strengthen our bonds with our family and Heavenly Father. Satan wants us to give up and feel that the road back is just to difficult to travel back. The Savior has already paid the price for our return. We just have to be willing to make the journey home.

I pray that no matter what happens that I will not turn on those I love. That I will continue to be there for them. That I will not judge and that we as a family will continue to talk and listen to each other.

Still trying,
Jody

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable