Just for today

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tricia V
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just for today

Post by Tricia V » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:08 am

My name is Tricia and I've been a little less active in HtH the last couple of years but first attended meetings in 2003. Still working on codependency, food addiction.

It's been a couple of years since I have been consistently practicing recovery. I guess what's bringing me back is video games and codependency, specifically, the food choices of my children.

My life is unmanageable. As I admitted this in an impromptu prayer this morning, I began to try and remember the 12 steps, just the gist of them. And that the answer lay in seeking the Lord's will and carrying it out.

And the first items for me were to post here and attend a meeting this morning, and I was restored to peace and freedom from my fears. Fear has been such a shadow in my life since March When my baby was born with breathing problems. This fellowship is such a blessing!

Tricia V
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tricia V » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 am

After last weekend I had hoped to maybe do a 90 in 90 but then it was Labor Day, and my husband works nights so it's really tempting to stay up with him and play video games. I wish I could find a way to sleep in the afternoon so that I could spend more time with him and still be up bright and early for meetings. I will ask for the Lord's help in this, if it is his will.

Tricia V

Post by Tricia V » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 pm

We've had a lot of illness the last week or so. But I've also really felt a lot better emotionally than I did for the 4 weeks prior.

Colleen H.
Site Admin

Post by Colleen H. » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:03 am

Tricia,

It is so awesome to come to the forum (this slow-motion meeting :lol: ) and find you brave enough and committed enough to keep coming back. That's so important. To just keep coming back. Never give up on the Lord and never give up on ourselves.

((hugs)) . . . and welcome home!

Love,
Colleen

P.S. And thanks for all your service to the fellowship over the years.

Tricia V

Post by Tricia V » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Colleen, good to see you too!
Turns out I was just starting getting sick at that time. I've been sick to varying degrees since the middle of August (starting out with the shingles, which is probably why my system has been so weak.) "Lord make me an instrument of thy peace." Where do I know that from? I think that was from my early compulsive eaters fellowship.

Colleen H.
Site Admin

Post by Colleen H. » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 am

Tricia,

Yes, it's a line from the prayer of St. Francis. It's on page 99 in the AA 12 & 12.

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace--that where there is hatred, I may bring love--that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness--that where there is discord, I may bring harmony--that where there is doubt, I may bring faith--that where there is despair, I may bring hope--that were there are shadows, I may bring light--that where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted--to understand, than to be understood--to love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life. Amen (99)

Love ya!
Colleen

Celeste

St Francis prayer

Post by Celeste » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 pm

We read that so many times in AA and it still brings a sense of joy and peace when I read it or hear it. thanks Colleen
Celeste: Sometimes people get the mistaken notion that spirituality is a separate department of life, the penthouse of existence. But rightly understood, it is a vital awareness that pervades all realms of our being. -- Brother David Steindl-Rast