Topic for todays 9 am meeting

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
judy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Topic for todays 9 am meeting

Post by judy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:43 am

It’s tempting to consider it some kind of cruel fate that God would require us to come unto Him—and when we do, to have our own nothingness “rubbed in our face.” With that to look forward to, why even go? Who wants such a helping of humble pie? Practically no one. Little do we realize that while we resist this admittance of total bankruptcy, the Lord Jesus Christ has enough mercy and grace to make up for all our shortcomings. He only awaits our thorough and fearless admittance of need. Hear His tender affirmation of this:
2/20/2014 8:18 am (mt) judy: And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness… For if they will humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27) Speaking of those who would inherit the promised land, the Lord said: And except they repent and turn to the Lord their God, behold, I will deliver them into the hands of their enemies; yea, and they shall be brought into bondage; and they shall be afflicted by the hand of their enemies. (Mosiah 11:21)
2/20/2014 8:20 am (mt) judy: Until the fateful day of September 11, 2001, we who have been born and grown to adulthood in the United States of America had no idea there were vicious and merciless enemies in our midst. The closest most of us have come is the little girl in sixth grade who enjoyed hating us as much as we did her; or maybe the neighbor who didn’t keep a confidence we once shared. Under these circumstances we have been lulled into a slumber of complacency. Most of us are just as ignorant or complacent towards the “enemies” of our spiritual life—our fears, resentments, guilt and sorrows—as we were of our physical enemies. We choose to hide in various compulsive or addictive behaviors rather than confront them. These retreats from the battle line of reality eat away at our sanity and our security and make us our own—and our loved ones—worst enemy. Just as in the time of Captain Moroni, the enemies within our hearts are our greatest threat
2/20/2014 8:21 am (mt) judy: While we here in the United States were spared for over two hundred years from the attacks of outside enemies, we were free to become a people who could pay attention to the deadly enemies of the human spirit—our fears, resentments, guilt, and bitterness of heart. Instead, far too many of us spent most of our discretionary time and money on the “things of this world.” It is my prayer that it is not too late for us to repent (turn again) to the Lord God of this land, even Jesus Christ (Ether 2:12).
I pray that this message will help you grow and become closer the your Savior
I love doing these meetings and sharing what i am learning by doing them and as i practice what the leading of them i pray i will grow and come closer to my savior each time i lead one.
ty for reading and being here in the forum today
judy

PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by PhilH » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Judy, thanks for posting this reading in the forum where it can stay.
What a great thought about giving our battles to our Savior.

Thanks for your service.

Phil