part of my meeting for the 13th of march

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
judy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

part of my meeting for the 13th of march

Post by judy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 am

ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK:

1. Think and pray about being willing to attend a Twelve Step meeting if it’s possible to do so, and take part in the sharing time. It is the tradition in Twelve Step meetings that each person who so desires may have a turn to share his or her thoughts, feelings, and insights without interruption or comment from others. A great deal of learning goes on, in the same spirit described in the following quote from the Prophet Joseph Smith, found in Truman Madsen’s book Joseph Smith the Prophet (p. 84):
First, they were not simply to listen to one speaker. A teacher was to be appointed, said the revelation, and “let not all be spokesmen at once; but let one speak at a time, and let all listen to his sayings, that when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege.”
A beautiful teaching principle: the need for each person present to participate, contributing his or her insight and experience on a given theme.

2. Call another member of the Twelve Step program you have chosen to attend (or a good friend) and share something you’ve thought or felt as you’ve done your reading, scripture study, and capturing. These “reach out” calls are some of the most powerful services we can give in a Twelve Step program.

3. Be willing to teach your spouse, child, parent, or close friend some of these ideas if the comfortable opportunity presents itself. As you teach by the Spirit, you will find that you learn more every time you rehearse the material.
My meeting is in two parts for today God bless you and ty for letting me be your leader today
Judy

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable