What happened here?

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TimA.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What happened here?

Post by TimA. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:15 pm

What happened to this group? Where did everyone go? There used to be people here that talked and tried to support each other. Did I miss something, is there somewhere else everyone has gone? Does anyone know? Is anyone even reading this?

PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by PhilH » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 pm

I read everything that gets posted, but you're right, there isn't much traffic these days. Hopefully things will pick up.

Colleen H.
Site Admin

Post by Colleen H. » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:42 am

Hi, Tim and Phil . . .

I'm getting started early on allowing the Lord to give me a New Year's gift early--the gift of getting back in touch with and participating in the HtH fellowship--even if it is small. I am so grateful for this long-distance way of connecting.

Tim, hope you are doing well and that this new year, about to be here, will be a good one for you.

I'll be back!

Colleen

TimA.

Post by TimA. » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Thank you Colleen! Things are good here.
I hope that 2015 brings you joy and peace. :)
Tim

Colleen H.
Site Admin

Post by Colleen H. » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:46 am

Tim (and all) . . .

Just checking back in to, as they say in face to face meetings, "claim my seat." Just wanted "you all" to know, from Jan 2 to today, I've been dealing with a form of upper respiratory infection (RSV). Not quite out of it, yet. The congestion is taking days and days to fade.

So grateful for this fellowship. Thanks for being "out there" to share with.

TimA.

Post by TimA. » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:36 am

Sending hopes and prayers for your speedy recovery, Colleen!
I appreciate you and Phil and this place. :)
Tim

Jeff_L

Post by Jeff_L » Thu May 14, 2015 8:02 am

Tim,

I have never posted often here. It is a good resource. I just got out of the habit of coming here, then forgot my password. Fortunately, Phil reset it for me.

Now that I have a password, I'll try my hand at sharing again here.

Jeff L.

TimA.

Post by TimA. » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 am

That is great, Jeff, I will be looking forward to hearing from you again!
Tim

Colleen H.
Site Admin

Am I willing to come here and keep the pilot light burning?

Post by Colleen H. » Sat May 16, 2015 7:44 am

Tim, I wish I had an answer for where everybody has gone. I can only speak for myself. I've not gone anywhere else. I've tried to go to some local ARP meetings, but the atmosphere there is so fraught with "good sons" baby-sitting the "struggling ones," which is the very antithesis of true 12 Step and 12 Tradition fellowship. In a genuine 12 Step/12 Tradition based program there are, there are not "-ites" (as the Book of Mormon would put it).

I do have to admit, though, that I have also felt the emptiness of the forums, and it has provided the adversary purchase in my heart that I have had to take to the Lord and repeatedly seek healing from. My beloved Savior always reminds me that there is only one salvation I can work out--my own--and that He has blessed me with HtH for my sake. Then He reminds me to think this thought about those who go away into some other way:

God bless them anyway and on their way.

Thanks so much for following the feeling to check back here. This forum is such a powerful archive of LDS recovery.

It would be great to see it be actively used again--but then that brings it back home to me. Am I willing to come here and keep the pilot light burning?

((hugs)) across the years and cyber space.

Colleen H.

Colleen H.
Site Admin

P.S. -- Yay, Jeff!

Post by Colleen H. » Sat May 16, 2015 7:47 am

Hi, again, already! I just saw Jeff's post, too. Yay! Hey, in the last three days we've got a 200% increase! So grateful for your dedication, too, Jeff.