A Broader Use of Step 10

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Broader Use of Step 10

Post by PhilH » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 am

I want to share on Step 10.
I find it is so important to continue to do inventory on my life, and where I am, especially in relationship to my Savior. In the past, I have thought about step 10 as something I need when I have slipped up, or come close to it. Or when I have had a particularly difficult temptation to deal with. Talking with my sponsor has been helpful in all of those situations.

But it is also important for me to do a quick check up on myself from time to time. Some of the questions I find it helpful to ask are these:
Am I as close to the Lord as I have been in the past?
Am I comfortable with having Him in my life?
Do I desire more contact with Him?
Am I doing the things that bring me close to my Savior?
Am I writing and conversing with Him every day?

If there has been a lapse in contact, I need to quickly reestablish it, because that is my safely line.
That is what keeps me from falling back into past ways. And I don't want to go back there. It's not nice being caught in addiction and the pain that goes with it.
My Savior is the only way to be free, now and eternally.
So I find this kind of self-examination is vital to staying where I need to be.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable