Sharing in Heart t' Heart Meetings

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sharing in Heart t' Heart Meetings

Post by PhilH » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am

I led the online meeting this morning, and was the only one who came (until the meeting was essentially over). So after posting the reading and sharing on it, I posted the following comments on sharing at HtH meetings:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I am still the only one here, I want to say a word about sharing. Some people don't often share when they come to a Heart t' Heart meeting. That makes it kind of lonely for the person leading, if he/she is the only person sharing. It's like thowing a ball into a dark room and nothing comes back.

You don't have to have great, marvelous insights in order to share. You don't have to have any kind of abstinence, even. Some 12 step programs require that you be abstinent for a certain length of time before you can share, but we don't do that in Heart t’ Heart.

I am glad that Heart t' Heart recognizes that it helps our program to be able to share. Just sharing what is in our hearts, even if its the discouragement of trying and trying and still coming up short. The fact that others are here, and are trying, is a blessing to everyone else who hears/reads their sharing.

So if at all possible, please share when you come to Heart t' Heart meetings. It's one thing to be alone when you are truly the only person at the meeting. like right now. It is another thing to feel like you are alone when there are other people at the meeting who won't say anything. Thanks for every effort you make in this scary but wonderful journey.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable