Alma 1:1 Capturing

For discussion of any addiction or challenge

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alma 1:1 Capturing

Post by Colleen H. » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:11 am

This morning's scripture "headlines". . . in accordance with Jacob 1:4 --

Alma 1:1 -- NOW it came to pass that in the first year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi, from this time forward, king Mosiah having gone the way of all the earth, having warred a good warfare, walking uprightly before God, leaving none to reign in his stead; nevertheless he had established laws, and they were acknowledged by the people; therefore they were obliged to abide by the laws which he had made.

FROM THIS TIME FORWARD – Words to inform my prayer that I might “live, and move, and have my being,†and be conscious of that fact through the Holy Ghost, from this time forward, today.

HAVING WARRED A GOOD WARFARE, WALKING UPRIGHTLY BEFORE GOD
For me, recovery of sanity (peace, clarity in my mind and heart) takes this degree of engagement, of focus, of concentration to walk uprightly (as one with and) before God. With God. To keep bringing my focus, my attention, my concentration back to Him, seeking His counsel and His comfort in the midst of the battle with Satan who tempts me continually to get distracted and led away into the fears and concerns of this so very temporary mortality.

ESTABLISHED LAWS . . . THEY WERE OBLIGED TO OBEY
Living according to the rule of law is a second rate way to live compared to living in devotion to a beloved leader, King, Lord, and Master voluntarily, spontaneously with all your heart. Obeying laws that you feel obliged to obey is good, but only as far as it goes. It doesn’t go far enough to reach deep into a person’s heart where voluntary surrender unto oneness with the beloved’s heart, mind, and will bursts into being without any thought of reward. This is love without reason, without price.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable