What I Felt at the April 2014 General Conference

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What I Felt at the April 2014 General Conference

Post by Colleen H. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 pm

The following was my sharing at the online meeting this morning:

I'd just like to share that as I was counseling with the Lord, this morning, about the general feeling of the Conference the last two days, this message--of the willingness, even eagerness of the Lord (and our Father as well) to communicate directly with each one of us was SUCH an important one. I kept hearing between the lines of the testimonies that we need to steel ourselves against some potentially hard times ahead. Whether that is as individuals or as a nation and people. Some people are already feeling the effects of these harder times, and it doesn't promise to get any easier for some time to come.

I felt/heard/perceived the words of the Lord come into my mind and invite me to testify to anyone who is willing to listen that They (Father, Savior and Holy Spirit) are all longing for us to know that we can call on Them to open this channel of counsel and comfort directly from Them to our own minds. This isn't a time to let the Liar, Satan, hang us up on our own "merits" or "worthiness." We need to know that if we have cleared everything serious enough to see a bishop about up in our lives, then we can trust that God is wiling to counsel with us and help us to live through this mortal journey we're on.

I share that testimony with you. I have lived it and know that the counsel AND comfort of the Lord is that close and that available to us all. And the scriptures are to tune us to that same Source--the Source from which they were received as well.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable