Reading the SA White Book--a Blessing to ANY Kind of Addict.

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Reading the SA White Book--a Blessing to ANY Kind of Addict.

Post by Colleen H. » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm

For the last couple of weeks, Phil and I have been reading the Step One parts of several 12 Step books, AA, OA, etc. When we got to the SA literature (known as "The White Book,"), we decided to start with the section entitled, l~st--The Force Behind the Addiction.

I believe with all my heart that title could (and should) read: l~st--THE FORCE BEHIND ALL ADDICTION. Why do I say that? Because the truth is that l~st isn't about s~x only. l~st is about wanting something that is not good, is not right, is not healthy, is not wise (in other words, is not given of God) . . . and wanting it so much that you'll throw everything else under the bus--health, marriage commitments, family commitments, sanity even--to get it. That's what l~st is.

And as a junk-food, carb-addict, carb-oholic, I know exactly what that looks and feels like to me. So, I am finding myself identifying with and being so blessed (enlightened, awakened) by Roy K.'s sharing in the SA White Book.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable