Receiving His Word

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Receiving His Word

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:21 am

D&C 20

14 And those who receive it in faith, and work righteousness, shall receive a crown of eternal life;

15 But those who harden their hearts in unbelief, and reject it, it shall turn to their own condemnation—

16 For the Lord God has spoken it; and we, the elders of the church, have heard and bear witness to the words of the glorious Majesty on high, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Which group to I belong to? The one described in v14 or v15? My reactive response would say - of course v14, and definitely not v15. I don't 'reject' the Book of Mormon. Rather, I believe in it. However, is it true that I "receive it in faith'?

I am often impressed with church leaders in general conference when then they turn to scriptural stories to illustrate their points. Almost all scripture stories have been shared many times before in general conference, yet they understand the power in finding answers in the scriptures. Finding answers to questions in the scriptures is one way to one way to receive the Book of Mormon in faith, and one area that I could (and am trying) to work on.

I know the Lord can enlighten my mind through study and application of the words of His prophets. I know because I have experience it many times before. I know that it can happen with more friequency again.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable