Thirsting for Righteousness

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thirsting for Righteousness

Post by Stephen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:16 am

I began to feel yesterday that perhaps my recent relapses can be and have been a blessing to me. Much of my time of success has been aided with the help of an effective filter on my computer devices. This is a good thing, but it can also mask in a way the measure of my true recovery. Even when I was not acting out, I began to notice I was losing some light, but I did not respond to the prompting to do more. I was not yet thirsting for righteousness. Until I relapsed, and then I was thirsting. I still have the filters on, but I recognize that I need more. I need to be enlightened and energized, and I am increasing in hope that I can do it. I am grateful for the sense of urgency I was able to feel as a result of my relapses.

"We are engaged in a great eternal struggle that concerns the very souls of the sons and daughters of God. We are not losing. We are winning. We will continue to win if we will be faithful and true. We can do it. We must do it. We will do it. There is nothing the Lord has asked of us that in faith we cannot accomplish.[“The War We Are Winning,†Ensign, November 1986, p. 44; emphasis in original]" President Hinkley

So, for now, I have been blessed with a new "thirst" for righteousness. The scriptures teach that I can learn to quench that thirst through the living waters of the Savior. Sometimes, the water is under ground and it requires extra effort to obtain. I pray I will always be willing.

“Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life†(John 4:14).

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable