Example of Joseph Smith

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Example of Joseph Smith

Post by Stephen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:51 am

Spirituality is a real thing. It's a miracle how it works. About 11 years ago, I was not in recovery yet, but was still desperately seeking out ways to 'fix' myself. I thought something must be wrong with my mind since I did not seem to be able to control it into not thinking inappropriately. Why was my mind such a weak muscle and how could I strengthen it? My solution was to purchase an academic book that taught how to become a master of your own mind. The book was interesting, but it did very little to change me.

At that time in my life, I related to Joseph Smiths words: "Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction".

Like Joseph, I had miracles happen to me that allowed finally for the Spirit to pierce through the darkness. No, I didn't have visitations like Joseph, but the impact of light penetrating darkness is so very real.

It is one of the reasons I have a testimony of Joseph Smith. Only by having real spiritual bandwidth, would Joseph Smith have been able to accomplish all that he did and reveal all that he did, in spite of all the opposition against him.

I am grateful for his example.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable