Prioritizing

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prioritizing

Post by Stephen » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:34 am

What keeps me from or distracting me from daily feasting upon the word of God?

I like to exercise in the mornings. In the past, it was more often my routine to roll out of bed and out the door to wake up with some exercise. It wasn't uncommon for me to spend a little too much time exercising, then finding upon my return that I was short on time for scripture & prayer time. On those days, i I did it at all, it was rushed and not as meaningful. The scripture time most certainly didn't penetrate me and make as much of a difference as I needed.

At some point in the past, I made a change so that I studied and prayed first. I prioritized this so that if anything got rushed, it was my exercise time. I am still not perfect at the routine, but I find it makes a difference for me to prioritize my time with Him before anything else. I try to make Him the first person I speak to and spend time with.

Sometimes if I get lazy at prioritizing, it is because I forget how critical it is that I be nourished by His word. I forget how impossible it is to overcome trials and challenges without Him near.

Elder Scott, said: "Despite all of the negative challenges we have in life, we must take time to actively exercise our faith. Such exercise invites the positive, faith-filled power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ into our live`s."

He then taught that the tools we have at our disposal are Prayer, Scripture Study, Family Home Evening, and Temple Attendance. On another occasion he
taught how to use Writing. Using these tools is essential.

I prayer I will remember how important they are to me in overcoming my trials and staying close to Him.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable