Light & Learning

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Light & Learning

Post by Stephen » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:21 am

I tried posting something yesterday twice, but both times lost it! Aargh. The topic was temple related, so I'm guessing Heavenly Father is driving home the importance of temples to me by making me write about them repeatedly!

In any case, yesterday was a good day in that I was able to successfully complete a home improvement project yesterday. I have been a little more helpful around the house lately, which I give credit to recovery. There is no way I would have finished this project without recovery. Having light in my life enables me to think through tasks and to have patience to work them through. Without light, I become quickly frustrated.

Light helps me see the world differently. It helps me to see me differently in a positive way.

One of the ways I was reading about yesterday to bring light into our lives is by attending the temple. It is a place of learning. The learning that takes place there is not necessarily part of the presentation, but as a result of being enlightened and seeing the world differently. The more light, the more the world slows down for us.

Not taking advantage of the light the temple has to offer is as crazy as not taking advantage of what recovery has to offer. I pray I will always live worthy of the temple blessings and then attend often.

"We receive personal blessings as we attend the temple. Commenting on how our lives are blessed by temple attendance Elder John A. Widtsoe stated:

“Temple work … gives a wonderful opportunity for keeping alive our spiritual knowledge and strength. … The mighty perspective of eternity is unraveled before us in the holy temples; we see time from its infinite beginning to its endless end; and the drama of eternal life is unfolded before us. Then I see more clearly my place amidst the things of the universe, my place among the purposes of God; I am better able to place myself where I belong, and I am better able to value and to weigh, to separate and to organize the common, ordinary duties of my life so that the little things shall not oppress me or take away my vision of the greater things that God has given us†(in Conference Report, Apr. 1922, pp. 97–98).10"

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable