Spiritual Traction

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Spiritual Traction

Post by Stephen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:04 am

I am grateful to Elder Bednar for using the language "Spiritual Traction" in a recent general conference. This a term I can relate to very much. I know when I don't have traction and I know when I do. Sometimes, no matter how hard I seem to be trying, I cannot find the spitual traction I am seeking.

Recently, it wasn't until I feel into relapse that I rediscovered spiritual traction. Elder Bednar also describes the load necessary for us to have that spiritual traction. In my case, was my load the relapse that gave me spiritual traction? Do I really depend on a relapse for me to get back on track if ever I feel I am losing my traction?

Well, I guess in my case I can be grateful for the trial I had which ultimately helped me to be humble/desperate enough to seek His help in ways that I hadn't before. Such as through a deeper study of the scriptures, writing, group attendance.

My first reaction is to say 'no', there's no way I can say my relapse is a good thing - that it is the load that enabled me to find spiritual traction. However, in some ways it really was. I was blessed by that load. I would not have been desperate enough to make changes otherwise.

The Lord would obviously prefer I find traction by other means though. So how do I do that? What is the load that Elder Bednar is talking about that will give me spiritual traction each day? What are the activities I can fill my life with that enable me to hit the ground each day with solid spiritual traction?

I'm going to read his talk all through and give this some more thought. In the meantime, below is a link to a good video off lds.org that got me thinking about this.

Matthew 11:28–30
Mosiah 24:15

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... _&lang=eng

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable