A Testimony of Christ

No questions, no advice, just sharing

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Testimony of Christ

Post by PhilH » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:14 am

At the Heart t' Heart online meeting this morning, I shared the following:

Before I came to Heart t' Heart, I thought I had a relationship with Jesus, but I really didn't know what that meant. I thought that with someone as high and exalted as He was, that one could only expect a kind of distant, nodding acquaintance, not a personal, warm, communicating relationship. So I accepted that I would be at such a distance from God that he could be of little help to me. Of course I prayed, and I even got answers to my prayers. But I thought God was so far above me, so busy with more important things, that I didn't dare bother Him except with big, major questions: Whom should I marry, where should we live, how do I find a job, etc. I didn't realize that He would help me with daily temptations, with feelings of inadequacy, with sorrows and troubles of every kind. I have learned, though, that He wants to be everything to me. My helper in every situation, every trial. He is willing to bear my burdens, that they may be light. All I have to do is to believe in Him and surrender my burdens to Him. To believe that He loves me enough to take them. I am so grateful for this knowledge and this relationship, which is precious to me above all. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable