Don't Be in a Hurry

Recovery from s~xual addiction

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stephen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Don't Be in a Hurry

Post by Stephen » Mon May 31, 2010 7:21 am

Among other articles, the article entitled "Don't Be in a Hurry" in the June Ensign touched me. Pres. Faust said, "Our hurry to meet the relentless demands of the clock tears away at our inner peace." Then, Pres. Benson said, "When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives".

I can relate to both of these two statements on many levels. I have felt the Spirit be "choked" out of my life as I have tried to "do it all", only to find out that my best was never going to be good enough. I have also seen the Lord begin to reprioritize my life as I put Him first. The 'things to do' in life continue to pile up, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting more and more behind, but I also have noticed that by some miracle the most important (and best) things are getting done more often. I have noticed that only when I am 'Alive in Christ', am I able to accomplish these important things.

I am so grateful that He has prepared a way for me. If I have 'simple' faith even through all the turmoil, I am learning that He will never let me fall.

Stephen

Wendy J
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wendy J » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 am

Stephen,
Thank you so much for this post. I am at a point in my life right now when I am really struggling to get things done, always feeling behind, totally stressed out - I know I need to learn to prioritize. Thank you for the reminder that perhaps it's not that I need to prioritize, but rather I need to put myself in a position of letting the Lord prioritize for me.
Wendy