Am I the only one with this problem?

Recovery from s~xual addiction

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Am I the only one with this problem?

Post by aman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new on here. I am not sure what to write, but really need help.

I feel very lonely in my problems. I am addicted to p~rn, which is fairly common, but I am also addicted to wearing women's clothes.

I never really hear anything about this problem and am wondering whether there are people on here who can relate to me.

It would really make me feel better knowing that I am not weird.

Also general thoughts about this subject are welcome.

Mike
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Aman,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you feel safe here, as this is a special place where we can fellowship one with another and find strength through sharing.

I cannot really comment on the topic of wearing womens clothes because this is not something that I have struggled with. I do know of people who are afflicted in a similar manner and who have found strength in overcoming those urges. I do not think you are weird at all for struggling with it. I think that you are very courageous to post that you have a problem with it. What I have found is that no matter what our struggle(s) is(are), they can be overcome through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and in total surrender to Him. His atonement covers ALL of our sins and misdeeds as well as those wrongs that we do to others and the pain that our actions may cause. I have struggled with an addiction to p~rnography, m~sterbation, and lustful thoughts for over 7 years now. I currently have been blessed with almost 5 months of positive sobriety. I thank the Lord for the strength that He gives me each day and for helping to remind me that I am a child of God and that He loves me. I am not "cured" nor do I ever expect to be completely free from the temptation to look at p~rn, but I now know where to go for strength. I now know who I can rely on to save me from myself. I believe that God wants you to know that as well Aman. You are His son and He loves you. Go to Him and He will walk you through this trial.

Thank you for your post. It has strengthened me in my time of need. I hope you will return often and feel safe in sharing here.

Mike

PhilH
Site Admin

Post by PhilH » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Aman,

Welcome to the HtH forum. I am glad you have joined us.

I have sponsored several men in HtH and have seen a number of different ways of acting out, including this one in a couple of other men. I don't know why one person goes one direction and another goes a different one. I don't think it matters much. The root cause is that we all have an unmet need, one that only our Savior can fill. As we turn to Him and humble ourselves, His grace becomes effective in our lives. That is what I have experienced. I believe the Lord gives us weaknesses to humble us so we will come to Him (Ether 12:27).

Keep coming back. Work the steps, turn your life over to the Lord as much as you can, and you will be all right. You will find peace.

Phil

TimA.

Post by TimA. » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:10 am

Aman,

I hope you are still reading the forum and will see this. I know for a fact that you are not alone in your desire to dress in women's clothes. I have known others who desire that I don't have that desire myself but I do have an intense desire to be spanked like I was by my school teachers and have had this since I was six years old. I dont understand why, it makes no rational sense but it is what it is.
I dont have the answers but I believe we get a special kind of comfort from acting out in our particular way. It is hard to pin down exactly why but I think it is that we have been fooled into seeking after a decoy. We feel some counterfit comfort from our acting out but it is not the real comfort our soul needs. Its like we have bought a bogus product and continue to buy it because we have not found the real thing is free for the asking.
All I know to tell you is that Christ loves you and He is never repulsed by you. You may feel you can not turn to Him after acting out but put the lie to that. It is simply not true, His arms are open to you still no matter what. Please keep coming back, it is His work and glory to bring to pass our imortality and eternal life. He is the great God of the universe it is not possible for Him to fail, all we must do is come to Him in humility and let Him do His work.
I love you brother!
Tim