How Men Regard Women

Recovery from s~xual addiction

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PhilH
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How Men Regard Women

Post by PhilH » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:08 am

I was writing this morning and counseling with the Lord about my relationship with women. I have a relationship with my wife, but also with every other woman I encounter in the world. What is their reaction to having been in my presence? Is it good or bad? I wrote the following thoughts in my journal:

I see that my challenge, as well as the challenge of every man, is to regard women as deserving our protection, and that extends to every woman, regardless of her appearance, age, or other characteristics. Every woman deserves to be honored and respected.

I see that the major test of all men in this mortal experience is to see if they will respect the women in their lives, no matter how inconsequential their connection to them may seem to them to be. If we encounter a woman in public, we have the opportunity to affect her for good or for ill. If we respect her, we contribute to a feeling of safety and well being. If we l~st after her and make her a sexual object (even if she has been conditioned to do this to herself), we contribute to a feeling in her that the world is not a safe and nurturing place, but rather a place where men take advantage of women and use them for their own carnal purposes.

Thus we have an influence for good or ill each day that we are alive. We lift women up or we degrade them. We protect them or we use them. This is our test. How will we do with it? Do we endeavor to improve in our relations with all women? How would the Savior interact with women? How would they feel after being in His presence? How do women feel after being in our presence? That is our challenge: to narrow the gap between us and the Savior. And we do it by seeking Him and making Him a greater and greater part of our lives, our thoughts, and our behavior.

Thanks for letting me share.

Phil

Stu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Stu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

The only thing that ever worked for me was to serve them and pray for them.

Stu