Hello

Recovery from s~xual addiction

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tomk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello

Post by tomk » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

I haven't been to the forums here for a while. I'd like to say "hello" to old friends and express my desire to make new friends, as well.

What brings me here is an addiction to l~st, p~rn and mb.

Right now I have just over 3 weeks with no mb, but still struggling with p~rn and l~st, with a few slips, I guess "degree" does not matter. A glass of water is still tainted, whether you put one drop of sewer water in it, or a few teasponfulls. I decided to just come here and post and stop trying to make myself presentable first.

I guess for now the best thing to do is just read through what has been written and "take the best parts" for myself -- to soak in some of the "good conversation in Christ" that I know takes place here.

Tom

tomk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tomk » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Last night I had my first slip in about 3 weeks with mb.

This is very frustrating. I have no confidence in my ability to keep a promise to the Lord. How can He have a relationship with someone who is so untrustworthy? I've felt His love before, but I don't understand how He can love me. I feel like it's more that He puts up with me. He tolerates me.

I really honestly do believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I have felt so good inside while reading it. It's so human.

I still know that counseling with the Lord in writing is a real thing. Through process of time, I have come to hear His Voice in my mind. As I read through past entries in my journal, His Voice is consistent. Always loving and kind and patient, even when offering a mild rebuke for having neglected Him for so long.

daveh1

I know the feeling

Post by daveh1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 am

I know the feeling of posting because I am grateful and then the next day or two I slip. I don't understand the relationship but it has occurred a lot in my life. being on the fringes of this forum in China makes every moment with the lord or other addicts really helpful. I don't think any of us can do this alone. My prayers are with you. We are a true band of brothers and sisters and can do this if we apply and believe Christ. I have not believed or trusted him and so have turned to my addiction over and over, thinking I can give it up next time. The problem with that is that there never is a next time, i just do it again. The Lord loves you because the lord loves, that is what he does. he loves all of us all the time, not because we are good but because he is. Now we must open the door and allow him in, and make the decision to walk in his path because we want too, and to become like him because we want what he has, peace and love. Bless you my brother, from one who struggles just like you.
David G. Hennessey

jamgold

One day or 10 years

Post by jamgold » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am

I had nearly a decade of sobriety from mb before finding myself in the throes of addiction again. It's a lifelong battle, but I take comfort and encouragement in the fact that I WAS able to overcome (with divine assistance) for nearly 10 years. It's not something we "simply cannot do". Willpower is not enough, but it's a good start and we CAN live without our addiction.

Take courage and be strong - but let Christ be your strength.
John
"People who want milk should not seat themselves on a stool in the middle of a field in hopes that a cow will back up to them."