Step 4: Day 3

Sharing and capturing on Heart t' Heart's principal workbook

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jody
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Step 4: Day 3

Post by Jody » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 am

Mosiah 4:2
“And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men.”

To view ourselves in our own “carnal” (worldly) state is to look honestly at ourselves, particularly at our weaknesses and sins.

How does honestly facing our mistakes and weaknesses help us to actually forsake them?

It seems to me most of the time it is pretty easy to realize the big mistakes that we have made in life. However, it is sometimes the little ones - the ones that we may be subconsciously doing that we need to look at. When we do a thorough inventory it is amazing to see our weaknesses. For me I didn’t realize how much I lived my life in fear - the fear of abandonment and rejection. I would react because of that fear. The funny thing is that I thought I was this tough survivor that had created this shield so that the world couldn’t get at her to hurt. I didn’t realize how much that I was still hurting until I looked at my negative life experiences and placed emotions with them. When we realize what we are doing and why, we are able to turn away from those things - we can truly say we are making progress. As we make that progress the Lord is there for us more and more.

How does pretending and denying or minimizing them serve to prolong them?

I believe that when we pretend, deny, or minimize – we are giving Satan easy access to us. He can make us feel bad about ourselves.

He is that little voice that tells us we are not good enough, that we are ugly, stupid, and unlovable.

Once we honestly face our mistakes and weaknesses the Atonement can begin to work in our life. The Savior is waiting with open arms for us to open the door for Him and invite Him in.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable