Step 4: Day 7

Sharing and capturing on Heart t' Heart's principal workbook

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jody
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Step 4: Day 7

Post by Jody » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 am

3 Nephi 8:1
“And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be true, for behold, it was a just man who did keep the record—for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—“

“Whit” means a tiny or (seemingly) insignificant amount. Some synonyms for I are “particle,” “atom,” and “speck.”

Write about how thorough our repentance needs to be to have miracles (like being healed of our addiction) happen in our life.

I believe that miracles start to occur when we begin the repentance process. I believe the more thorough our repentance the more wonderful the miracles can become.

It is interesting that we can often witness the miracles in others easier than we can see the miracles in our own life.

As my husband disclosed and started the repentance process, it was amazing to witness the transformation that was occurring in his life. He started to feel the Spirit more. He would receive guidance and confirmation from his prayers. He was able to remain sober. He realizes that everyday he must recommit to his sobriety, but he is choosing to do so. He told me that he knew that his addiction could be taken from him if Heavenly Father wanted to, but he also knows that we are all given trials and if we make it through these trials successfully we will eventually see the blessings in our lives.

As for myself, it has been really easy to do a thorough inventory. I’ve always been so hard on myself that I could tell you what I have done wrong pretty much verbatim. It has been very hard to forgive myself – even when those things occurred before I was even baptized. Even if I played not part in the wrong, I have felt tremendously guilty.

By looking back at my negative life experiences, I have had the opportunity to share it with some other key people in my life. They have helped me see what was and wasn’t my fault. Where I should take the blame and where I was the victim.

After finally speaking with my Bishop, I was able to start to know real peace. I know that I will have to continue to take inventories and continually repent. I got upset with my boys yesterday – one of my sons forgot where he put his glasses and the other one forgot to do his homework and got a note sent home – even though I ask him everyday if he has homework. I didn’t yell and scream, but I lost my sanity and serenity for a time. Being able to ask for help and forgiveness for those specific events was a nice change. It was much easier to know exactly what I need to ask forgiveness for and what I needed to ask for help with. I didn’t need to drag up the past and ask for forgiveness once again for everything I had ever done. I know now that I have been forgiven and that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me – sins and all.

Progress not perfection – one day at a time – one step at a time – but continually striving to reach that eternal goal – becoming a forever family.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable