Step 11 day four

Sharing and capturing on Heart t' Heart's principal workbook

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Colleen Barton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Step 11 day four

Post by Colleen Barton » Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Alma 26:22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing--unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which neber have been revealed; yea, and it shall be givern unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

I've just begun reading "The Work and the Glory" series again. The stories of the fictional Steed family remind me of how easy it is to get complacent, to lose faith and then have to be humbled to find it anew. The promise in this verse ignites my desire to be faithful and motivates me to want to pray continually. I have experienced revelations before...some personal revelations come to me that I would never have supposed and what a blessing it would be if those things I learn as He teaches me personally, I coudl also share with others and bring them to repentance so they can have the same relationship of personal revelation with the Lord..to counsel with Him in all their doings. What a day it will be when none will have to say anything of the Lord for all will know. i'm not sure where that scripture is found, but it comes to my mind. Now...what is the questions and thoughts being brought forth in the manuel?

"How can a person pray continually without ceasing?"
Trust the Lord in all things. Pray in my heart. Know that God is in all things and that life is a prayer. Believe that a power greater than myself knows the intents of my heart and is guiding me to the desires of my heart. There are so many ways and for me I need to remember that formal prayer on my knees and out loud is not the least of these. For me if I will begin my day out loud in humility and end my day in humilty I will remember to turn my thoughts and feelings to the Lord as the day progresses.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable