Preparation For Discussion of Principle 1- Day 2 Capturing

Sharing and capturing on Heart t' Heart's principal workbook

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Salt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Preparation For Discussion of Principle 1- Day 2 Capturing

Post by Salt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 am

2 Nephi 12:11
And it shall come to pass that the lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
Write about a problem you have sought to solve yourself and how peaceful or permanant your efforts have been.
With my addiction my efforts have not been too peaceful or permanent. The urges to act out have been frequent and after acting out I have been ridden with guilt, disappointment, and disgust. While I have had small moments of success and I felt good about those small moments of time and at time I have felt the Holy Ghost witnessing to me that the fight was worth it and that Heavenly Father was pleased with me fighting, it never lasted very long. I am so easily distracted. I am weak.
What do you suppose it means the " the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day" - the day when our "lofty looks" shall be be humbled and all truth shall be known?
Every knee shall bow and everyone will testify that Jesus is the Christ.

Wendy J
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Wendy J » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:03 am

Salt,
Thanks for sharing these posts. Keep going! You are doing great.
Much love,
Wendy

Salt

Post by Salt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 am

Wendy J,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It means the world to be me.

Salt

Wendy J

Post by Wendy J » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 pm

I know it's hard sometimes posting when no one responds - these boards can be very quiet sometimes. But just know that there are a lot of us out here reading and silently cheering you on.
Much love,
Wendy