starting over sort of

Sharing and capturing on Heart t' Heart's principal workbook

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Celeste
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

starting over sort of

Post by Celeste » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, it's been an interesting past few years. I've stopped and started with HDDM and spent a lot of time in other 12 steps and support groups. I've hit and missed a lot in church activity as well. I've felt so inadequate.

My teeth are so bad they all need to be removed surgically. I had bladder cancer removed a month ago. As bad as that all sounds I'm doing better. My church activity is improving. I managed to get to the temple and get my endowments. I've been continuing with my web design skills.

I've just started back at working through the work that I've already done in HDDM. Right now I'm revising my second step to reflect better about the consecration of my afflictions to Jesus. I post these steps on my website, but I'm revising what I post now. I need to take into consideration what is personal, what is sacred and what can be public. I've resisted separating that out as I have not wanted to do the work of that. Me and journals have always been on again off again. I have no idea if that will change at this point. The best I've been able to do is not lose the ones I have now. I wonder sometimes where all of the ones I wrote in hard copy form have gone.

Oh well, water under the bridge. Who knows maybe some day they'll turn up. In any case, I've finished pulling the long list I made out of the 2nd step and am keeping it as short as possible. Next is to really dedicate time in prayer as to how these afflictions have graced my life and where they have advanced me. I actually am able to look at these now without getting all bogged down in feeling defeated. Thanks for letting me share.
Celeste: Sometimes people get the mistaken notion that spirituality is a separate department of life, the penthouse of existence. But rightly understood, it is a vital awareness that pervades all realms of our being. -- Brother David Steindl-Rast

Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Colleen H. » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 am

Celeste,

Wow! I'm so glad that I finally slowed down enough to notice your post here.

I have been flooded lately with a renewed awe at the miracle the Lord did through HDDMFB. The testimonies continue to come from those who have taken it to heart and applied themselves to the scripture capturing exercises.

I hope you are doing okay. I will watch for you here in this "room" by coming back to it myself.

Love,
Colleen