Approval

Sharing and capturing on Clean Hands, Pure Heart

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TimA.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Approval

Post by TimA. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Phil,

Your statement on page 213 describes me very well. He cares about my longing for the
approval of others, for the reassurance that I am "OK" and about my need to not be
alone.

I re-wrote it like this. Jesus cares about my longing for the approval of others, He
cares about my craving of the reassurance from others that I am "OK" and of "worth" to
them. And for my need to not to be alone but be connected to others or someone who
values me for what I am.

Phil, I have craved that feeling so much I have even pretended to be what I am not to
just have the feeling of approval.

When I acted out after 12 weeks it was not because the temptation to act became so
strong I had to give in. The reason I acted out was because the emotional pain, of
feeling I did not have that approval of others, became so great that I used acting out
to ease that pain. It works too but only for a short while.

The thing I have discovered is that I am seeking the approval of others when what I
really should be doing is seeking the approval of God. I think seeking the approval of
God is the same as seeking God's will. I discovered that underneath many of the things
I think about doing and do are motivated by a desire to make others approve of me and
like me and think I am smart or of worth.

The other thing I discovered is that my worth is not determined by any human but by God
alone. They say the worth of anything is determined by what someone is willing to pay
for it. Well look at what God was willing to pay for me and for you Phil and for all
His mortal children. God gave His Son and Jesus gave His life for us. We must be of
great worth to God.

Tim

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable