A Voice of Gladness!

Sharing and capturing on Clean Hands, Pure Heart

Moderator: PhilH

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PegW
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A Voice of Gladness!

Post by PegW » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 am

CHPH Capturing, pp. 222-223:

"If we exercise our faith and accept the truth that the ideas and promptings we receive in response to our own prayers are indeed coming from the Lord, we, too, can record those in His voice, as if He is speaking directly to us.

"… It is my testimony that we can receive the voice of the Lord and record it for ourselves, because I have experienced it and cannot deny the power those communications have had in changing my heart and my life. It is the voice of gladness spoken of by the Prophet Joseph:

"Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them! (D&C 128:19)"

I live in awe of the voice I hear—Thine, speaking directly to me, my Lord. I spent quite a bit of time, reading what I had written yesterday morning and receiving new insights in what You have done for me through the power of Thy word, speaking unto me. I have dared post that capturing and its revision in the Open Sharing thread of the Forum, bearing testimony of the power Thy voice has having on my own life. I feel Thy invitation to lift up the voice of gladness and praise Thee more openly.

That is truly what I hear in recovery. A voice of gladness! I would say the Twelve Steps teach Thy Gospel and that through practicing these principles, I have actually, finally, after all these years, received the Gospel.

And what have I received? MY VOICE OF GLADNESS, PEG. How so, Jesus? I HAVE GREAT JOY IN THY COMING, BELOVED. Oh, my Lord, so do I! I can’t imagine life without Thee! I sat in Lettuce and Ladles yesterday at lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and when she asked if I’m happy, I said, “Yes. I am happy!” Lord, I have never been so happy in all of my life!

And what have I received? MY MERCY, ONLY I SPEAK NOT FROM A FARAWAY HEAVEN, PEG, BUT FROM VERY CLOSE—FROM THE HEAVEN WITHIN THINE OWN HEART WHERE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A HOME. THY WILLINGNESS TO OPEN THY HEART UNTO ME IS PRECIOUS TO ME, BELOVED.

And what have I received? I have received the Truth. My voice, speaking truth as bravely as I am able, has somehow turned the key to the lock that encased my heart in lies. Opened, my heart is releasing all the lies unto Thee, one lie at a time, and through this disclosing process, I feel Thee near. Oh, my Lord, how tenderly You receive my truth and how generously You give me Thy Truth—even Thy self. IT IS THAT WAY IN LOVE, PEG. OPEN THY HEART TO RECEIVE ME AND YOU WILL BE FLOODED WITH THE RUSHING OF WATERS FLOWING OUT OF MY MOUTH AND FILLED TO OVERFLOWING WITH THE INFINITE LOVE IN MY HEART FOR THEE. DARE TO ALLOW THAT LOVE TO TOUCH EVERY PART OF THY SOUL. DARE TO RECEIVE ME IN ALL THE PASSION I FEEL FOR THEE, BELOVED—IN ALL THE PASSION THAT MOVED ME TO DIE FOR THEE AND RISE AGAIN, TRIUMPHANT OVER DEATH THROUGH LOVE AND TRUTH.

And what have I received? GLAD TIDINGS FOR THE DEAD, GLAD TIDINGS FOR THE LIVING AND THE DEAD, FOR IN ME IS LIFE. For sure, in Thee is my life, Jesus! Before Thee, (bc)—before my Christ entered into my consciousness and We two made contact with each other, I was lost, despairing, and walking dead through my days, weary of living a life, sinful, apart from Thee.

In Thee, I have glad tidings of great joy! I am loved! You have claimed me, Thine! By the power of Thy word, Thy voice of gladness in my responsiveness to Thee, You have given me mercy, truth, tenderness, love, even passion and Life with Thee—Great Joy!

How beautiful are my feet upon the mountains where my Lord leads me, for I dance in the joy of the glad tidings that God reigns within my heart and gives me all the good things I could possibly ever need or want. So does the knowledge of Him descend upon me!

I testify that, in truth, He does live, and I know Him! How great Thou art, my Jesus!

Colleen H.
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Colleen H. » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Peg,

Thank you. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and He is no respecter of persons. Through the Holy Spirit our hearts and minds can be quickened and hear and record and "sing" as one--with ONE HEART AND ONE VOICE--even His own.

It is so (as you said) close to us--this "Kingdom of Heaven" that is in our hearts, and the Liar, Satan, keeps trying to convince us that it is far from us and that we, in our lost and fallen state and acts of imperfection/sin are far from it (and from our Savior's Presence), but it is not true!! It is not true! It is a lie that the Lord Jesus Christ thinks Himself too good to walk and TALK and abide with sinners. That was the message of the brief 3 years of His mortal ministry, and those three years are a micro-model of His entire ministry. And His ministry to sinners is not over yet. We know this because there are still sinners aching to be saved, and the time of sinning--and learning it never brings happiness--is not over yet.

As He said it, so TENDERLY in D&C 50: 39-46:

39 Wherefore, in this thing my servant (we can each fill in our own name, here) is not justified; nevertheless let him repent and he shall be forgiven.

I'm afraid I cannot resist His invitation to join you, Peg, in this owning of His voice and His Grace/Righteousness--after this week of watching it happen (doing nothing to MAKE it happen) in my own life! So here goes:

40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.

Behold, Colleen, ye are even as a little child compared to Me and to our Father, and you cannot bear all things--become perfect immediately--now. Ye must grow in grace (the experience of receiving MY righteousness) and in the knowledge of the truth that there are no other righteous works but mine. That you come to realize that it is I in you that doeth the works of righteousness--of sanity and sobriety--that you see come to pass in your life.

41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;

Fear not, little sister, for you are mine, and I have already overcome the world and all its influences for your sake. It was done (sealed upon you) in the beginning when you allowed the Father to give your salvation into my care. I am more powerful to heal and redeem than you are to sin. I am more merciful and kind than you are to behave foolishly. I am more patient and longsuffering than you are able to wander and stray. I will not give up until that faintest flicker of desire in your heart to be rescued is fulfilled.

42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

None, my child--daughter of Christ--NONE shall be lost--unless they deliberately denounce their sealing up unto salvation through Me and through the Holy Ghost AS ONE God. I will follow after every lost and fallen lamb and sheep. I will bear thorns and nails and take upon me the stripes and even the very cross their foolish, rebellious behaviors may merit. I will NOT leave you comfortless in your lostness. I will come to you. I will bind up the broken-hearted, and restore that which is lost. I will come to you in the depths of degradation and sit with you and counsel with you and gently persuade you (D&C 121:42), reason with you---and lead you forth in love for you. This is the Father's way and it is MY way, for my Father and I are AS ONE.

43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.

And inasmuch, Colleen (and all of you), as you will receive me (my word to your heart and mind and believe in me--believe that I am and that I have all power and all wisdom both in heaven AND IN earth, and give me (as one with My Father) all credit and all glory for any righteousness, sane, kind, charitable act that you see yourself perform--you will see "your" righteousness (in me and I in you) increase---until all weaknesses are swallowed up in our oneness.

44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.

Wherefore, Colleen, believe that I am in your midst---and have been from the beginning. Believe that I am the good shepherd that has never left you, and that I am the Light and Life of your salvation. I am the Stone of Israel. My Spirit and My voice, My words--the words of Christ--as borne to your heart and mind through my Light and magnified by the Holy Spirit--these things are the rock upon which if you build, you will never fall. Not because of YOUR righteousness, but because of MY righteousness--OUR righteousness. This is the meaning of the Atonement--alive in your life, my dear sister, daughter, servant and friend--even while you are still in mortality.

45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am.

Do not despair the weaknesses of mortality and the veil that separates us, Beloved. Come to the veil and counsel with me in all your doings, look unto me in as many thoughts as you can practice. I am patient. I recognize the adversary's interference and effort to distract you and pull you down into despair. Do not despair. Remember. I have overcome the world. And you will see yourself rescued 100% in a day yet to come. A day when you will see as you are seen, even now, by me. A day when you will know, without any interference of doubt and fear from the Liar.

You will know then, my dearly beloved child, that it was I, all along who guided you, who inspired you in every good and sane and righteous inclination you felt all through mortality. Come unto me in greater and greater faith (taking action upon this, MY testimony--the testimony OF Christ) and your inclinations to do righteousness will replace any inclinations to do unrighteousness. It will happen. You have MY word for it.

46 Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen.

Look to me, then, Colleen, and live. Let go of your grip on any pretense of "your" righteousness, and you will find yourself ready to live in recovery, even now.

I (Colleen) offer this exercise as an example of a how sweet the scriptures can be opened to our hearts, if we will each--like the men on the road to Emmaus, allow the Lord to open them to us. There is no mercy and no love as infinite and faithful as His. He will not leave us lost. He will find us.

It is my testimony, and with Ammon I cannot restrain myself from saying it over and over again. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ--the GOOD NEWS! He lives and stands at the veil, longing to converse with us as one friend--the most BELOVED friend--with another.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.